Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 241st birthday, America




I am so thankful to live in this great country, America. When someone asks me what is my favorite patriotic songs...there are just so many that I love. But I wanted to share these two that I was honored to sing at our local National Guard Armory. I love our soldiers so much. I really can't put into words how much I appreciate them. It has been so wonderful to actually get to know them personally...to see their faces each month when we go. To hear their prayer requests and pray daily for them. They are true heroes in my book. But more importantly, without our Lord Jesus Christ, there would be no American. God has so blessed this nation. He has shown grace and mercy and love to this nation over and over and over. God has been so good to us! 2 Chronicles 7:14 says...If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

So today, I want to say to my Lord, thank you so much for loving us enough to let us be born in American. And to our soldiers, those that never came home, and those still volunteering to go, thank you thank you thank you! If you can, listen to this wonderful song...because it's under God that we even have what we have...

Under God


Statue of Liberty


In New York Harbor stands a lady,
With a torch raised to the sky;
And all who see her know she stands for
Liberty for you and me.

I'm so proud to be called an American,
To be named with the brave and the free;
I will honor our flag and our trust in God,
And the Statue of Liberty.

On lonely Golgotha stood a cross,
With my Lord raised to the sky;

And all who kneel there live forever
As all the saved can testify.


I'm so glad to be called a Christian,
To be named with the ransomed and whole;
As the statue liberates the citizen,
So the cross liberates the soul.

Oh the cross is my Statue of Liberty,
It was there that my soul was set free;
Unashamed I'll proclaim that a rugged cross
Is my Statue of Liberty!


The Greatest Hero


How my heart swells with pride everytime I step outside
And see Old Glory waving in the wind
Then a tear comes to my eyes when I think of those who died
They are heroes of our liberty

But one day there was a stand, not an army just one Man
And it took place on a hill called Calvary
At this place His enemies fell, my Savior conquered Hell
The greatest Hero is my King of kings

The Greatest Hero didn't lead an army
He didn't fight or kill any other man
He took the cross with His head bowed low
So we don't have to go
The Greatest Hero is my King of kings

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I love those songs! God is good*